As well as their main diet, it is possible to give your bunnies a few extra treats and rewards. If you are training your bunnies to do trick or obey commands, then a reward system might help. When I was teaching Popcorn and Ossie to go "home" when told, I used food treats to encourage this. At first, I gave them a small amount of their daily pellets if the went into their hutch. Eventually, they got used to these pellets for a reward and needed something extra. I found that a small piece of oatcake would encourage them to return to the hutch.
Remember large quantities of manufactured foods are bad for bunnies. I fed these as a reward and the rabbits now obey the command. For general training, this is a good reward. If you want to try something different, get a commercially available rabbit muesli and separate the components. Find out which are your rabbit's favourite pieces and give them one every time they are good or perform the desired action. This is also a good system for litter training.
 |
| Oatcake |
 |
| Rabbit Muesli |
No comments:
Post a Comment